Skip to main content

Sketch inspired

It's Thursday and I don't have a particular technique to share this week. I just couldn't get it together, so I'm sharing just a tidbit about using sketches for inspiration. If you don't know where to begin in designing a card or layout, there is a wealth of inspiration in sketches. I use them all the time. This week I was doing some surfing and found this wonderful blog by Maria Bell. Actually there is more than one blog by her. I used this sketch she posted to create a card.
Here's my card:


The great thing about sketches is that you can use the same one to create another card with a different look. I used this same sketch for this card. Different papers and a different placement of the embellishments creates a whole new card.


Find some sketches and see how many ways you can use the same one. There are some links here on my blog for sketches. Have fun. Oh, and you can look for these cards to go on sale in my shop soon!

Comments

  1. I love that card.I wish I can give something like that to someone.
    I got here from Blogcatalog group "Blogspot" in response to Discussion 'Show Your Blogspot Here'.I am Agent 001.If your blog is to my liking I will revisit you.
    Well I have a topic to share you with.The topic is What's a true blogger? I hope you love to discuss and give your reviews.Give you comments.Visit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlxs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    we have got great referral program. You can earn one dollar be
    referring people to out site. we are providing free websites to the
    users.
    So please sign up and start eraning more money from us.
    Please visit www.hyperwebenable.com for more info
    regards
    admin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.