Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Quick and easy cookies

I have a compulsion to collect things or supplies for my interests to the extreme. I like to cook and have collected many, many recipes. I also now have a compulsion to "use it or loose it." I'm cleaning out closets, etc and getting rid of things I don't use. I've tackled the recipes too. If they are not hits, they will get thrown out.

Sunday I tried this quick little recipe and it was a hit. Hubby likes these.

Pebbles Cookie Crisps


1 pkg. (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 large egg
3 cups Post Fruity Pebbles cereal

Mix cake mix, oil, water and egg in large bowl with spoon until well blended. Stir in cereal. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 for 11 minutes or just until cookies begin to turn brown. Cool on wire racks.

I used a reduce sugar cake mix and they were still plenty sweet. (Hubby does not know it was a reduced sugar mix, hehe.)

For a chocolate version, use Cocoa Pebbles and chocolate flavor cake mix.

Linking these up to the parties on the side.

2 comments:

  1. This looks very good and the recipe looks pretty easy! Thanks for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic! I'll give them a try this weekend.

    I'm a new follower from Whatever Goes Wednesdays.

    Have a lovely day.

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    http://nauticalcottageblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.