Skip to main content

Fall wreath

For the past ten (plus) years I have had the same wreath on my door year round except for Halloween and Christmas. This year I decided to change that up and have seasonal wreaths. Since I didn't own a fall wreath, there was nothing to do but make one!

I took an old grapevine wreath and removed the old dirty decorations. I had some maple leaves left over from some other projects. I purchased a leaf and berry garland from the Dollar Store to add to that because I was afraid I didn't have enough leaves. I bought four berry picks (.69 cents on sale at Michael's last weekend) and some mini pumpkin, gourd, and pine cones. My original inspiration for the wreath came from this Sizzix project so I made flowers out of felt with my Flowers layers #3 die and cut some leaves from felt with a Sizzix die. I have roughly $6.00 in this wreath.

I also have some leftover mini, gourds, pumpkins, and pine cones. Anyone have any ideas for using those? I'm trying to use my stash up and only purchase what I will use right away so I need to use these leftovers to keep from adding to the stash. Feel free to comment with ideas or links.

Here is my wreath:







I'll be linking up to the parties on the side this week! Thanks for visiting.

Comments

  1. This looks unbelievable! I love it and can't wait to try my hand at one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. just found it through links. if you ever need new recipes come on over to our site.. plus there is also a give away going on now and let s be honest who doesn't love free stuff.. i know if do :)

    Cute wreath

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out beautiful! I love the colors and vibrancy it brings to your door...how perfectly festive!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I love it on your dark door! :) Thanks for linking up at Paisley Passions! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is one of the best Fall wreaths I've seen in blogland. Great job!

    ~ Kristi @ Thrifty Threads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, I love that you used your Sizzx die cut because I have the same one! All the different things you used from the floral picks to the berries and leaves make this wreath so full of interest! Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really fun wreath! thanks so much for joining us at a crafty soiree yesterday. hope to see another one of your fab projects tomorrow. i'm your newest follower.
    malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again this week :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fall wreath. I need to get busy and get one done. Yours is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.