Skip to main content

CHRISTmas mantel

Here is my mantel decorated for CHRISTmas.  It's just a hodgepodge of things we've collected through the years, and oddly enough, most of it is stuff my husband had when we got married.  You've heard me say it before-- I wish that TV wasn't there. It really gets in the way of decorating.

I also used my diy hurricanes again. I filled them with red balls, gold ornaments and the dried components I mentioned earlier (HERE). I thought the arrangement of things needed the color and height of the hurricanes. The (fake) poinsettias on the hearth are new this year. I tried live ones before and they just didn't survive. In the future I hope to make a garland or banner, but for now the purchased Michael's one will have to do.



The two pieces on the end are gourds that my hubby painted ten years ago. He doesn't do much of that anymore but he can- he's crafty too.



 Thanks for visiting. I'll be linking up to the parties on the side and here:

The Lettered Cottage

Comments