Skip to main content

Embellished tank

Back during the summer I purchased this tank from Old Navy clearance for less than $2. I knew it would be perfect for embellishing for my niece. I made it into one of her Christmas gifts.


I basically made a corsage for one strap. I made it with five flowers. For each flower, cut however many circles you wish. The more circles, the fluffier your pom pom flower will be. Fold each circle into fourths. Take needle and thread and stitch the middle together. Stitch your next folded circle to this one and continue until you have a full flower. Glue flowers to a felt circle. I glued each flower to a piece of felt and added pin backs to the back of it so the corsage can be removed for washing the shirt or worn on another item. It was really quick and easy. I completed it just before Christmas.  Here's a close up:



Thanks for looking. Hope your getting lots of crafting or rest this week, whichever you choose.  I'm winding down this week, so I'll be sharing those projects I made for Christmas but didn't get to post before. I'll be linking up to the parties on the side and here




and if you're interested, I'm having an AFTER CHRISTMAS SALE in my shop!

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Can't wait till it's warm enough to wear a tank! You should link this up to my Gettin' Krafty with It party!

    http://www.luckystarlane.com/2010/12/lucky-linky-december-28.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.