Skip to main content

Scripture art

I'm sharing a quick little project that I did as a Valentine's gift for my husband. It would really fit any occasion. If you are a stamper, this is a great way to use your stamps for more than cards.

I took the Our Daily Bread stamp of Isaiah 40:31, my husband's favorite Bible verse and stamped it on cardstock. I cut that out with a Nestabilities die and cut a larger mat from the same shape die. I also stamped the eagle from the stamp set, colored it with Prismacolor pencils and cut it out. I took the matted verse and adhered it to a piece of Basic Grey paper cut to 4x6 to fit the frame opening. BTW, I got this frame from Tuesday Morning and it came with the large cross. I knew that with the cross it would be perfect for a project for my husband. I adhered the eagle in the corner over this. I wanted a little something else on the frame, so I took a cross charm, cut the hanging loop off with wire cutters, and glued it to the bottom right corner. This all went very quickly.

Here's a close up of the verse ( I sponged some ink around the edges) and another shot of the whole frame.


Thanks for stopping by. Please visit the link parties on the side. I'll be linking up!

Comments