Skip to main content

WIWW- Rarely worn

Last week Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy challenged everyone to wear something we never wear or something old in a new way. That's a good challenge that I try to do from time to time, and I still had some things in my closet that needed to be worn.

Jacket and pants: Worthington/ JCPenny;
shirt - Ross;
shoes- TJMaxx;
necklace-vintage/ ebay; bracelet-made by me

The shirt was the rarely worn item. I get compliments on it but I'm never comfortable in it. It's long and puffs over the waist if I tuck it in. I pulled it out after I got to work. I also think it needs to be worn with a skirt or pants with a smoother line. It doesn't lay well over the pockets and waistband and such. Anyway, here's the shirt. What are your thoughts?


Next up is a jacket that I bought about a year ago and had not worn yet. It's also been a while since I worn the pants. The whole outfit was inpired by this one at Style of Sam. This photo doesn't really do my version justice.


Jacket: Coldwater Creek;
Pants- Raefella- TJMaxx;
shirt- JCPenney clearance,
 shoes- Target


Saturday we went thrift store shopping and I wore a yellow cardigan that I haven't worn much this year. Hubby asked why I was dressing up and I explained that I wasn't- the cardigan over a tank and the skirt would allow me to try on clothes quickly and easily. No need to really remove anything but the cardigan, unless of course I tried on a dress. I also tried out color blocking with this outfit- what do you think?



Cardigan- Target;
tank- Old Navy, skirt- Chaus-Goodwill;
shoes- TJMaxx;
necklace and bracelet- made by me

During our thrifting outing I found an orange skirt! What is funny about this is that our Sunday School class members started a challenge the week before to all wear a certain color. The first week was purple, and the next day was to be orange. I had planned on wearing peach (it's a derivative, right?) but found this skirt and hubby actually liked it. Then it became a self challenge to put together an outfit with this thing. I found a sash/scarf at another thrift store later that day and the outfit took off, inspired by the sash. The navy eyelet tank is about ten years old and had not been worn in forever, so it fit this challenge too.  And more color blocking. How did I do?



tank- Chadwick's;
skirt and sash; thrifted;
vintage enamel pin-Bonanza
shoes- target;
bangle- thrifted from this find

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm also linking up to Shop Your Closet.

Comments