Skip to main content

Friday Feature- Cassie Stephens

Happy Friday! Today I'm featuring a unique etsy shop I found via my blog world travels- Cassie Stephens. Cassie makes unique ceramic belt buckles and belts with vintage flair.

Check them out.






Ceramic Squirrel Buckle in Sky Blue by Cassie with Orange Orla Kiely Belt

Here is what Cassie had to share about herself:

My name is Cassie and I live in Nashville, Tennessee with my hubs and my husky tabby kitty Asha. During the daylight hours, I work with some of the best artists I know, the under-10-years-of-age set. I've been teaching art to elementary aged children for almost 15 years now...and each day is a new inspiration and adventure.

In the evening, I work on my own artistic loves: sewing, ceramics and vintage fashion. I have been a collector of vintage dresses since high school...and sadly, so many of my dresses had lost their belts along the way. I had this little impossible-seeming idea of creating my own buckles out of clay. After the first batch came out of the kiln, I was thrilled with the result. From there I created a selection of belts from my large stash of vintage fabric and attached them to the buckles. On a whim, I decided to open my own etsy shop to see if any others would be interested in my belts.

Becoming a part of the etsy community has been so much fun. I've met so many wonderful and like-minded people! I am so glad I took the leap to put my belts online. One of my favorite things to do is collaborate with the buyer on a specific buckle design. Having a buckle custom designed is no extra cost. It's such a thrill to sell something handmade.

Want one of these fabulous belts? What girl doesn't love new accessories? Get one this week and save 15%  with code "southernscraps" (good through 9/15).

You can find Cassie on Facebook here.

She also has a vintage shop on etsy here.

Comments