Skip to main content

Cupcake stands


I've admired all the cute cupcake and pedestal stands in blogland for a long time. I finally made my own. I should not have put this off- it was so easy!

For the white one, I started with a wooden plaque and wooden candlestick from Michael's. I adhered the two pieces together with Liquid Nails. I love this for wood projects. (I used it for my birdhouses too.)



Flip your plaque over and glue the candlestick to the middle. Let it dry according to the directions.



Once it was dry I painted this one with white acrylic paint and a foam brush. After the final coat of paint, I gave it a couple of coats of Plaid satin finish varnish.

I forgot to take photos of the process with the blue one. I used an old wooden circle that used to be the top to a jar candle and a glass candle stick from the Dollar Tree. I have saved that jar top through two home moves, knowing it would be useful for something one day. It should have clicked with me long before now. I adhered the glass and topper with E6000. E6000 is my choice for anything involving glass or anything that does not hold up to hot glue. (I've had to reglue my wreath and my altered flip flops before so the second time around I used E6000.)

The blue one was spray painted with Krylon primer and then Krylon ocean breeze.



I now have two stands for photographing cupcakes or other items or creating displays and vignettes. These were so easy- I think I need to make one in every color!



Linking up at these great parties:



Comments

  1. So cute! And I love that you can use them around the house and for taking photos - I think I'm going to have to make a few for myself ;)

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just made cupcakes this morning. Can you share this at the Farmgirl Blog Hop?
    http://www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-65.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. AdOrAbLe!! What a precious way to display the most wonderful confection...EVER! Would be super delighted if you could link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/07/mop-it-up-mondays-24.html.
    Thanks so much!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet! I have been looking for a cupcake pedestal to use when I take photos of handmade cards that I blog about. I don't know why I didn't think to make it myself!

    Adding this to my Pinterest to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and I have been looking for one in a certain color for ages. This solves my problem. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. clever and sooooo adorable!

    stop by if you have a moment as i just posted a giveaway:
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea. I've been eyeing those pedestals myself, never thought to make my own! Found you from tip junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so adorable! I am so going to make some of these. Found you via a blog hop and am now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooove these! They turned out so cute! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share your ideas!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute, it is such a great idea to make your own! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/07/showcase-your-talent-thursday-15.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.