Skip to main content

Fourth of July star applique placemats


This is a fairly easy project to dress up plain placemats for the Fourth of July (or Memorial Day) holiday.

You'll need a placemat- fabric or the woven plastic kind from the Dollar Tree. I chose the plastic ones from the Dollar Tree because I would be using them outside. Find a star template and some red, white and blue fabric scraps. I had a plastic scrapbooking template but you could draw your own or download one from the net. Using your template, trace stars on fabric. Cut out. Stitch your stars to your mats with embroidery thread. Done. Easy.

Here's a couple of close ups of my mats.




I'll be sharing here:


Patriotic Link Up Party at Our House Story


Comments

  1. What a cute project! I love this idea...it could be done for so many different holidays! The stars are perfect for the summer patriotic holidays! I'd love to have you link this up to my Patriotic Link-Up Party going on till July 4th! http://www.ourhousestory.net/2012/05/patriotic-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I hope you will link up to my Patriotic Project Parade.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place mats are very cute. I love how you used circles instead of the traditional square. I'm always thrilled to find a quick and easy way to spruce things up for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!! I'm making a table runner for our holiday table and I had originally thought I would do a patchwork piece but you have completely inspired me to do appliques instead. I love this. (BTW, found you trough My Girlish Whims) Following!!

    http://spoolandspoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a really cute idea! Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these! So cute! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea!!

    Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/patriotic-crafts/

    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.