Skip to main content

Frozen hot chocolate -Tried it out Thursday



After all the hard work on my front porch makeover, I decided I needed a cool treat. I have lots of hot chocolate left over from the winter, so I searched out a way to use up those packets. I found this recipe for frozen hot chocolate and gave it a try. I totally recommend it.

  • 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
  • 1 package Hot Cocoa Mix (about 3 Tablespoons)
  • 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
  • ⅓ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • ⅓ cups White Chocolate Chips
  • 12 ounces, fluid Can Evaporated Milk, Divided
  • 4-½ cups Ice
  • Whipped Cream, To Taste
  • Mini Marshmallows, To Taste

  • Combine sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler that is set over gently boiling water. Stir often until melted and a smooth paste forms. Add semi-sweet & white chocolate chips; stir. When chips begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
    Combine the chocolate base mixture, the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender (you can do this in batches) and cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into frosty glasses. Top each with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate chips & mini marshmallows, if desired.


    FYI: I only had a 5 oz. can of evaporated milk, so I substituted 7 oz of skim milk. I'm sure it was not as rich as the original recipe, but it was still good. I didn't have any whipped cream either, so I left it off.

    Give it a try for yourself.

    Sharing here:


    Comments

    1. That looks SOO good. Like the chocolate chip drink at Starbucks. Yum!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This sounds amazing, but extremely rich... I'd love to give it a whirl though!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yum! Thanks for sharing. Newest follower from Flamingo Toes. Love for you to stop by Naptime Review and return the follow. Hosting Mom's Monday Mingle tonight and tomorrow. Love for you to link up. Last week we had over 180 mom blogs! I look forward to following and reading more. Thanks!

      www.thenaptimereview.com

      ReplyDelete
    4. Now that looks like a mean YUMMY frozen hot chocolate! YUM!

      Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.