Skip to main content

Placemat pillows

Hi and welcome to my new followers. Sorry I'm late with this week's Tried It out Thursday. Sometimes life just gets in the way. 

I was browsing in Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago and found the perfect placemats for making pillows. Just the color I want to use on my back porch and one has butterflies too.


Even better is the fact that one has a pattern on both sides and one has a solid back so I have reversible pillows for more options.



These are so easy to make. Use placemats that have two layers of materials.



Pick one end, or part of it, open with a seam ripper and fill with fiberfill or quilt batting. Sew the end closed again.

I love easy projects like this that allow me instant gratification and satisfaction over completing something- and saving money too. The mats were only a couple of dollars each.

Sharing here:


Comments

  1. What a fabulous idea! Love the ones you chose ..beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! So smart to find placemats that are layered like that. I need to keep my eye out to find some. Thanks so much for sharing your project at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in LOVE with these placemats pillows!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the things you can do with placemats! I'm stopping by from I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are really cute. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/3-face-masks-from-your-kitchen-and.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some cute pillows! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Chef n Training. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-6.html Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric!!! Perfect outdoor pillows.

    Stopping by from Sugar Bee Crafts linky party. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/07/bow-pleated-purse.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute pillows, love them even more on the porch then I would on the table. What a great find you found at Tuesday Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I love these! What a great idea. Would love you you to link up at my Pin It Thursday party http://www.sweetbellaroos.com/2012/07/19/pin-it-thursday3/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.