Skip to main content

Ombre painted utensils


I mentioned a while back that I liked the ombre trend, but couldn't decide on a color or a useful project to use it on. I happended to stumble on a set of four bamboo utensils with a holder at TJMaxx for $4.99 and remembered these painted utensils from my round up and decided I could use them and a pop of color on my kitchen counter would be fun too. If you are counting the utensils in the pictures, there are six. I also found a couple of extra at Walgreen's for 50 cents each and added them in.


I must be in the mood for fall because I picked orange but I plan to keep them out year round. The only thing I did different from the tutorial was use three different paint colors rather than toning down one color with white.  I had dark orange, orange, and light orange acrylic craft paints from Michael's.

 


I did mix the last color (light orange) with some white and brushed it on the very tips without taping. I like the gradual faded uneven look it gives the ends.



Here they are all stacked up in the holder. Reminds a little of candy corn, but I'll get over that once fall passes.



Sharing here:

Think Pink Sundays*Under the Table and Dreaming* Sundae Scoop*Creative Bloggers Party and Hop* Craftomaniac Monday*Make the Scene Monday* Make It Pretty Monday*Masterpiece Monday* Motivate Me Monday*Inspire Me Monday*Market Yourself Mondays at Sumo’s Sweet Stuff* Pink Hippo Party*More The Merrier Monday*Make it Great Monday* Make It Monday*Mop It Up Monday *Take a Look Tuesday* Handmade Tuesdays* Trendy Tuesday* Tell Me Tuesday*Tuesday Talent Show*My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia* Tip Junkie*Get Your Craft On* Terrific Tuesday*From Dream to Reality*Whatever Goes Wednesday*Hooking Up with HOH*Blissful and Domestic* Handy Man, Crafty Woman* Tea Rose Home*Share the Wealth* Dragonfly Designs*My Girlish Whims*Wow Me Wednesday* Show and Share* Fireflies and Jellybeans* Someswhat Simple Strut Your Stuff*Thrifty Thursday*Creative Juice*Transformation Thursday* Handmade 52* A Crafty Soiree*Tidy Mom*Simply Sweet Home*Simply Designing*Chic on a Shoestring Flaunt It Friday*Fingerprints on the Fridge*BFF Open House at The Answer is Chocolate* Creation Corner*Tatertots and Jello*Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special*Be Different Act Normal* Delicately Constructed Fridays*Friday Frolic*UnCommonly Yours*Shine On* Sweet Saturday*Pomp Party*Overflowing with Creativity*Saturday Seven

Comments

  1. I love the color choice! Not only is it ombre but it's also almost like candy corn. Perfect for fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for you to link these up to What I Whipped Up Wednesday! Just came across your blog and love it! I'm off to read some more posts. Have a wonderful weekend, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! The colors remind me of candy corns... perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and I love your backsplash! I would love for you to come share it on I Freakin' did it Friday @ Miss Information http://www.missinformationblog.com/2012/09/i-freakin-did-it-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. O I love this, the colors are so fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very cool! Love the paint job - and now I'm familiar with the ombre trend...who knew? I just bought the same set of utensils at TJ Maxx but haven't done anything quite as creative with them. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.