Skip to main content

Valentine tree and heart ornaments

 
 
I love my Christmas tree each year and have always thought heart trees were cute for Valentine's. I have this wire ornament tree that doesn't really get used for Christmas so I thought I'd repurpose it into a heart tree for a little Valentine's decor. I had some felt heart ornaments that I picked up on after-Christmas clearance at target and some other after Christmas clearance supplies from Wal-mart that I used to make some more ornaments. My wire tree has a star topper so I used some glue dots to cover the star between two hearts for a heart topper.
 

Here are the supplies for some of the ornaments- fuzzy garland (from the Wal-mart Christmas clearance- did you know after Christmas clearance is a great time to stock up on Valentine's and even 4th of July crafting supplies? That red and pink can be used for more than Christmas); a wire hanger (it's a pretty flimsy one); and wire cutters.


Cut the wire and shape it into a heart. Wrap the garland around the wire shape and then you have cute heart ornaments.


I also punched out some hearts from scrapbook paper to make 3D heart ornaments. To make these ornaments, punch three hearts per ornament. Fold in half. Glue one side to one half of the heart.


Flip it over and glue another heart to the opposite side.


Add hangers and hang on tree.


This ornament was made from some of the garland trim wrapped around a stryofoam heart form.

 
My little heart tree is now a happy addition to my Valentine's decor.

(Excuse the photos, I was shooting at night and I don't have the best light inside.)

Sharing here:


Comments

  1. Now that is a fun idea! What a great centerpiece this makes! Come link up to centerpiece Wed on my blog and share your idea. Karin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.